Library Resource Center
A lively welcoming and well resourced school library gives pupils positive experiences of books, computers and other media. It shares the ethos and values of the whole school, is an effective and economical shared resource and a center of learning and literacy development. IT is an integral part of this learning environment. Our library is friendly and busy place that exists to encourage children to read reflect wonder, question and learn. A library supports the teaching and learning of classroom programs and aims to foster student’s reading skills and their love for books.
Junior Library caters to the needs of teachers and students of Primary Classes. It consists of story books, comics, picture dictionaries, picture Encyclopedia, art material, origami & craft resource materials, religious pictorial books, calligraphy, books on general awareness, game puzzles, thought provoking quotes, etc. It is open to students of primary classes for browsing and borrowing, reading and learning.
BLS World School has an excellent senior modern library for the students of age group 13 yrs and above with a huge number of books and subscription to cater need of all the students. Our well researched and balanced reading section will expose the students to the endeavors, achievements and glory of writers & statesmen, scientists, philosophers and saints. Our School library is an amalgamation of physical and digitized content giving access to research work across the world. It is the centre of research and project work and the students are supported with internet and printing options. All students are automatically members of the library and can borrow up to two resources at any one time for a maximum of two weeks.
The Library at BLS contains over 18000 books in addition to a range of DVDs, print documents, micro forms CD’s, e books, audio books, data base teaching aids etc. compact Disks. Our collection is constantly growing and changing in order to keep it fresh relevant and up to date. The library houses a bank of 15 computers for students use all with internet access and a suite of software programmes, e books with online links for study resource material.
The library stocks a variety of resources for all levels and abilities, including;
- Modern fiction, classic novels, graphic novels, short stories, poetry, plays and biographies.
- Information books covering subjects from all streams such as Science (Medical & Non Medical), Commerce, Humanities, Fine Art, Health & Fitness, Culture, Cookery, and many more.
- Reference books including encyclopedias, Language & Literature, dictionaries, atlas, guides,
- Important newspapers and periodicals for current information and competitive preparation
Library Services and Regulations
- Only one book will be issued at a time. Periodicals and reference books are not issued.
- We teach students to return books on time so that we do not impose fine.
- For any books which are scribed upon, torn or otherwise damaged, the cost will be recovered at a rate which will be determined by the Management along with the librarian.
- Physical defects of the book, if any, must be brought to the notice of the librarian by the student borrowing it at the time of its issue, otherwise the student borrowing will be held responsible for it.
- The borrower's card is not transferable and the exchange of books among the students is strictly prohibited.
- A student who may take transfer from the school is required to clear his/her library dues.
- Library has an open access system i.e. the children are allowed to go directly to the shelves and take two book of their choice to read.
- They must put the books back on the same numbered shelf after reading to maintain well arranged Library.
- Students are not allowed to bring their personal books/belongings in the Library.
- Students must maintain pin drop silence in the Library.