The school sick bay has an infirmary, which is staffed by a qualified and well experienced nurse and a doctor on call. It is well equipped to handle day-to-day medical problems and give first aid to the students. The sick bay is with 6 beds and also has an ambulance to transport patients to the nearby hospital in case of an emergency. Students are tended to with great love, care and affection in the sick bay. Medical check of the students is done and a record is maintained. Parents are informed if the doctor nurse finds that a child needs special medical attention. Parents are requested not to send sick children to school. It is inconvenient to send them back home.
All parents are requested to impart Health Education to their children and ensure that they-
- Maintain personal hygiene like trimming of nails, taking bath daily, brushing teeth twice daily and develop timely towel habits regularly.
- Exercise, Yoga, Meditation daily.
- Get adequate sleep for at least eight hours daily.
- Consume balanced diet, rich in protein and milk.
- Drink water which is either boiled or filtered. All students are advised to bring their own water bottles from home.
- Avoid eatables from vendors outside the school.
- Children at least once every year. Have dental and ophthalmic check up done once every year.
- Immunize children with -
- Oral Polio
- Hepatitis B
- Chicken pox
- Influenza (optional).
- Fill up the history of you ward's illness (in school almanac) along with the treatment being taken in the almanac.
- Students suffering from any one of the following disease must observe the prescribed period of quarantine before returning to class-
- Chicken pox : Till complete falling of the scabs.
- Cholera : Till the child is completely well.
- Measles : Two weeks after the rash disappears.
- Mumps : Till the swelling subsides.
- Whooping cough : Six weeks.
- Jaundice : Six weeks after recovery.
- Typhoid : Two or more weeks.